It is important to us to promote the equality of all people in all areas of society and to create awareness of the relevance of “gender” and “diversity” at Ferdinand Porsche FernFH and in teaching.
Equal opportunities and diversity are among our core values. Hence Gender & Diversity Management is firmly established not only in our “Vision 2022”, but also in the statutes of FernFH. We have set ourselves the following goals:
- To actively promote equality between men and women
- To prevent other discrimination
- To make and align decisions and developments in consideration of gender mainstreaming
- To promote the diversity skills of all employees
Besides the above-mentioned qualitative goals, we also strive to achieve balanced representation of men and women at all levels and in all areas. This involves:
- Increasing the proportion of students in the degree programmes in which they are underrepresented
- Increasing the proportion of men and women in the bodies in which they are underrepresented.
Currently the following measures are implemented:
- Firm establishment in the Ferdinand Porsche FernFH statutes and values.
- Online workshop to develop gender and diversity skills among students, lecturers and employees. (only available in German; a guest account is available for initial information, please click “Log in as a guest”).
- Contact: Studying and disabilities.
- Browser-based software Readspeaker for all students to read out texts on the Online Campus.
- Carrying out the University & Family audit.
- Courses on “Diversity Management” in the degree programmes.
- Free online qualification courses for candidates without a general university entranee qualification .
- Advice on gender and diversity aspects in projects, project applications and theses.
- Implementation of diversity projects.
- Consideration of equality and diversity objectives in application and staffing procedures.
- Member of ERFA Gender & Diversity of the Austrian Universities of Applied Sciences.
- Member Uniability – ARGE zur Gleichstellung von Menschen mit Behinderungen und chronischen Erkrankungen an Österreichs Universitäten und Hochschulen (only available in German).
- Member of Charta of Diversity (only available in German).
- Member of Forschungsprogramm "Diversität in Unternehmen".
- Collaboration in the “Diversity in Companies” research programme
- Guide to gender-fair language (only available in German) for employees, students and lecturers.
- Guide to gender-neutral language of the European Parliament.
- Guide to diversity-appropriate teaching (only available in German).
- Uniability guide for students (only available in German)
- Member of queer@hochschulen.
- EDEN Annual Conference, Jönköping, Sweden 2017. Diversity matters. Information at: www.eden-online.org/eden_conference/jonkoping/
- Wahl, Ingrid/Walenta, Christa (2018). Mehr Flexibilität und bessere Vereinbarkeit durch Blended Learning? Ergebnisse einer Befragung von Studierenden eines berufsbegleitenden Fernstudiums. In Imke Buss/Manfred Erbesland/Peter Rahn/Philipp Pohlenz (eds.), Öffnung von Hochschulen: Impulse zur Weiterentwicklung von Studienangeboten (pp. 233-254). Wiesbaden: SpringerVS.
- Neuwirth, Erich/Wahl, Ingrid (2017). Effects of the similarity between mentees and mentors on the evaluation of the ‘Mentoring for Migrants Program’. International Journal on Evidence Based Coaching and Mentoring, 15(2), 140-154. More information at: ijebcm.brookes.ac.uk/documents/vol15issue2-paper-09.pdf
- Psychological counselling for students
- Arbitration body’s office for students
- Recommendation of the association of universities of applied sciences for the dissemination of gender competences in higher education processes
Studying and Family
- Studieren.at - Studying with children (only available in German)
- ÖH Austrian Student Union - Studying with children (only available in German)
- Studieren mit Kind (only available in German)
People with disabilities and chronic illnesses
- Family counselling on the subject of disability (only available in German)
- ÖZIV association for people with disabilities (only available in German)
- Austrian Federation for the Blind and Partially Sighted
- Austrian Federal Dyslexia Association (only available in German)
- Austrian Association for Autism Support (only available in German)
- Studying with a disability: Funding opportunities (only available in German)
- Help.gv – studying with disabilities (only available in German)
- Federal Ministry of Labour, Social Affairs: Students with disabilities (only available in German)
- SCHOLARSHIP – Study funding for people with disabilities
- Contact point for disabled and chronically ill people