Diploma programme NPO Management Advanced
Academic NPO Manager
One semester consists of 3 on-campus sessions (2 days each, Friday and Saturday) and two distance learning phases.
In cooperation with the Red Cross of Lower Austria, FernFH – Distance-Learning University of Applied Sciences - is offering the part-time certificate programme NPO Management.
The programme is intended to qualify graduates for management positions in rescue and social organisations and imparts skills in business management, legal and NPO marketing fields. The certificate programme will be held in two parts, whereby a certificate can be acquired after successful completion of the NPO Management Basic (20 ECTS). The designation “Academic NPO Manager” is awarded after successful completion of NPO Management Advanced (40 ECTS).
After completing the advanced part of the certificate programme, participants can:
- Analyse their organisation (organisational unit) according to business and legal aspects, make decisions on the basis of these analyses and derive measures.
- Lead their employees and volunteers.
- Derive and evaluate fundraising measures for their functional level.
- Moderate meetings and events.
- Communicate competently in day-to-day management and
- Manage themselves professionally.
After successful completion of both parts (Basic and Advanced), the designation "Academic NPO Manager" is awarded.
For the designation “Academic NPO Manager” the completion of the certificate programme "NPO-Management Basic" is required. The content of the first part can be found in the curriculum of NPO Management Basic.
After successful completion of the programme "NPO-Management Advanced" the designation “Academic NPO Manager” is awarded. The content of the second part can be found in the curriculum of NPO Management Advanced.